This is actually my first ever mix made to share :)
I decided to make the "theme" the last 6 or so weeks of my life.
I've been going through a really rough time and these songs, in the order listed, describe lyrically as well as instrumentally the motions of my emotions and experiences.
I call it (kinda cheese, I know) Breaking Up, Down and Picking Up the Pieces
1) Okkervil River - Black
"But if I could tear his throat,
and spill his blood between my jaws,
and erase his name out for good,
don't you know that I would?
Don't you realize that I wouldn't pause,
that I would cut him down with my claws"
2) Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely (Live)
"Chasing the only meaningful memory you thought you had left"
3) The Postal Service - Nothing Better
"I will block the door
Like a goalie tending the net
In the third quarter of a tied-game of rivalry
So just say how to make it right
And I swear I'll do my best to comply"
4) Nick Drake - Time of No Reply
"The time of no reply is calling me to stay
There's no hello and no goodbye
To leave there is no way"
5) Amy Winehouse - There is No Greater Love
"There is no greater love than what I feel for you"
6) Andrew Bird - Fiery Crash
"Oh, close your eyes and you wake up"
7) Kings of Leon - Charmer
The feel of the song is what should be focused on - the waves of calmness and then the screams.
8) The Twilight Sad - That Summer At Home I Had Become the Invisible Boy
"some stupid decisions and with a,
a broken heart and they're sitting around the table
a-and they're talking behind your back"
9) Rilo Kiley - A Better Son/Daughter
"And your ship may be coming in
You're weak but not giving in
And you'll fight it
You'll go out fighting all of them"
10) Jenny Lewis - Trying My Best to Love You
"Trying my best to love you
They make it so hard on us, baby
It's so hard on us, baby"
11) Lykke Li (Kings of Leon remix) - Knocked Up
"I don't care what nobody says, I'm gonna be his lover"
12) Rilo Kiley - Don't Deconstruct
"Something is changing inside of me
Colors seem darker in light"
13) Matt Costa - Never Looking Back
"I can't count on yesterday to find the way home"
although the songs aren't in order
because my stupid computer arranged
the songs despite me turning that option off :(